The Process Of Heat Press Printing Mug
Time: 3min to 4 min.(depending on the type of press)
1. Print transfer and trim to slightly smaller size than mug.
2. Attach the transfer in position to the mug with heat resistant tape.
3. Wrap the mug with a teflon sheet or plain white paper.
4. Place the mug in the press and press for 4 - 4 1/2 minutes
5. Remove the mug from the press and remove the transfer immediately. (A plastic plate-scraper will help.)
6. Place in water to cool or leave in clean, dry area
1. Ceramic mugs tend to taper from top to bottom. This ‘inconsistency’ can make it difficult to apply
full wrap transfers to a mug and can compromise the imaging. Moistening the transfer or using additional
tape to fasten the transfer securely can help eliminate problems.
2. It is important to recognize what your specific mugs’ ‘safe area’ is. It is suggested that you make
a test mug to define an area that you can depend on for quality results. For example, an average mug may
take an image up to 1/2 inch of the top and bottom and no closer than 1 inch of the handles horizontally.